U.S. Highway 6 is known as the Grand Army of the Republic Highway for its entire length.
Cornelius S. Chase Post 50 was in Titusville, Pennsylvania and its original charter and some documents, including its handwritten by-laws are on display at the Cleo J. Ross Post 368 American Legion in Titusville.
There is a GAR museum and library in Philadelphia. It is maintained by the Philadelphia Camp Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War. The archive holds numerous GAR post records and the museum has a variety of civil war artifacts.
Newmanstown is home to a Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) Civil War Monument. Located at the rear of the Elias United Church of Christ Cemetery, this monument features a 100 pound Parrott Rifle, a Civil War-era cannon barrel. It weighs 9,688 pounds and sits atop a red brick pedestal.
The monument was erected and dedicated in 1904 by Post 471 of the GAR and the Fort Stedman Camp Sons of Veterans.
The department web page is financed and provided by the Pennsylvania Department of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
for the benefit of Pennsylvania brothers and their camps. Please help your fellow brothers stay informed by submitting photos,
news or upcoming events that may be of interest to others.